The process of selecting a domain name for your business can be confusing for a lot of people, especially if you’re just starting a business. Ideally you want your business name and your domain name to match, so many entrepreneurs start researching domain names first, to see what is available. If you have a totally unique business name, there’s a high likelihood that the domain is available. But what if it isn’t? And then there is the question of search engine optimization, and whether or not you should include your industry keywords in your domain, in order to receive a little more boost in Google.
In this video you’ll learn:
- How to pick a winning domain name, for your customers and Google.
- Whether you should include a keyword in your domain, and what to avoid.
- The number one thing you should avoid including in your domain name.
Topics covered in this video
00:03: Why have a memorable brand name?
01:01: Why and when is it good to include a keyword in your domain name?
01:58: Keeping it simple; why your domain name shouldn’t be too long.
03:05: Are hyphenated domain names good or bad?
Share This Video
Subscribe To My Channel
Click here to Instantly Subscribe to Lorna Li TV
Latest posts by Lorna Li (see all)
- What Web Hosting Company Should I Choose? - March 5, 2014
- [E4C23] Why Startup Validation Doesn’t Work & What To Do Instead – WPCurve - March 4, 2014
- Which is Better – a Hosted Website Solution or Self-Hosted Website Software? - March 3, 2014