One difficult decision that many small business owners face is whether or not they should pay monthly fees to have their website hosted on a platform that’s maintained by a website solutions provider, or whether they should download website software, and host the website themselves. Even if you choose to self-host your website, you are still paying monthly fees – to your web host.
In this video, I’ll talk about:
- The difference between a hosted versus self-hosted website.
- The pros and cons of hosted versus self-hosted web solutions.
- The two factors you need to consider before you make your decision.
- The one key consideration if you decide to self-host your website using open-source software that will affect the quality of your life!
Topics covered in this video
00:20: What is a self-hosted website, and how does it differ from an all-in hosting solution?
01:17: What do you actually need your website to do?
02:08: How involved do you want to be in the maintenance and smooth running of your site, and do you have the time and expertise to commit to self-hosting?
03:20: Why is an open-source self-hosting software solution a good idea?
Share This Video
Subscribe To My Channel
Click here to Instantly Subscribe to Lorna Li TV
Latest posts by Lorna Li (see all)
- [E4C49] Turning a Kidnapping Escape Story into a Mobile Safety App for Women – Chin Xin-Ci of Watch Over Me - September 2, 2014
- [E4C48] Succeed as a Self-Employed Entrepreneur – Ana Melikian of The Book Yourself Solid School of Coach Training - August 27, 2014
- [E4C47] How You Can Unleash the Conscious Capitalist Movement, From the Inside Out – Jeff Klein of Conscious Capitalism - August 20, 2014