The green business sector is continuously flourishing as many people grow more and more concerned about ecological sustainability. With the Obama administration particularly, plenty of entrepreneurs are on the lookout for that perfect green business opportunity that will turn out to be lucrative, and at the same time environmentally friendly.
1. Consultant. Green Irene (started by PJ Stafford and Rosamaria Caballero Stafford) is an example of a company that was founded to fill the need for eco-consultants. The main tasks of eco-consultants are to point out opportunities to become more conscious about the environment and to provide information on where to procure green products for home and business use.
2. Energy. One of the fields increasingly gaining popularity these days is solar energy. And although current-technology solar panels are already installed on houses and buildings, this niche remains open for further advances in research. It can be quite difficult as it requires workers to be familiar with solar technology and mechanical know-how. Similarly, there is a high demand for wind turbines to replace or supplement traditional electrical sources. As a result, some institutions, for instance rehabilitation programs, are encouraging ex-inmates to learn skills needed to manufacture and install solar panels on homes and businesses.
3. Funding. Government funding is normally hefty whenever the attention is focused on an industry in hopes of sparking development. For example, there are various programs out there that afford discounts to companies involved with transitioning from conventional energy to renewable energy resources. Also, websites like the Environmental Protection Agency list of national and even state and local organizations that provide financial incentives to green businesses.
4. Farming. Organic farms have always been “in” with the masses. The demand for vegetables that grown without pesticides or artificial fertilizers. Thus, one area that one can look into is in using natural predators to eliminate pests that can damage crops.
5. Franchises. Franchising is another area where there are incredible opportunities for business. They offer the materials necessary to set up a green business in numerous locations throughout the country. A great franchise area to focus on is in energy auditing, which shows how to reduce consumption in an eco-friendly manner and examines energy practices of businesses.
Although some of the business opportunities are fit for large-scale operations, this list goes to show that there are still tremendous green business opportunities for small business owners and one-person operations.
Latest posts by Lorna Li (see all)
- [E4C57] The Art of Mastering Money With Your Honey: How Couples Be On the Same Financial Team – Bari Tessler of The Art of Money - October 28, 2014
- [E4C56] Living From The Big Glow Within – Brian Piergrossi - October 21, 2014
- [E4C55] How to Reach 1 Million Podcast Downloads on iTunes – Daniel J. Lewis of Audacity to Podcast - October 14, 2014