You’ve just bought your domain, and are ready to take on the world of self-hosted WordPress. One of the first things you must decide is whether you’ll use a free theme, or decide to invest in a paid one. As a bootstrapper, it may be easy to choose a free theme from WordPress’s dashboard and theme directory. Something worth considering however, is that professional paid themes often look better out of the box than free themes. In this video, you’ll discover:
- Why you should invest on a paid WordPress theme from the start
- The three deadly pitfalls to using a free WordPress theme
- What could get in the way of search engines accessing your content
Topics Covered in this Video
00:00 Now that you have a self-hosted wordpress.org website, why pay for a professional WordPress theme?
00:42 Why are free WordPress themes not a good idea?
01:31 How does a poorly-coded theme affect your SEO?
02:35 Why some free themes break when there’s a WordPress update.
Share This Video
Subscribe To My Channel
Click here to Instantly Subscribe to Lorna Li TV
Latest posts by Lorna Li (see all)
- [E4C55] How to Reach 1 Million Podcast Downloads on iTunes – Daniel J. Lewis of Audacity to Podcast - October 14, 2014
- [E4C54] How Mompreneurs Can Start Home-Based Social Enterprises that Change the World, Shannon Keith of International Princess™ Project - October 7, 2014
- [E4C53] From the Beaches of South East Asia to the Offices of Y-Combinator – Henrik Zillmer of Airhelp - September 30, 2014