We are here today with Darian Rodriguez Heyman, a social innovator with a long history of building businesses and creating community. Darian is the chief development officer for Better World Wireless, the first mission-driven telecom company aiming to simultaneously serve you as non-profit and donate one million smartphones to moms, teachers, and farmers within the next ten years.
He is the co-founder of Social Media for Non-Profits, a conference series devoted to strategies and tactics around using social media for social good. For many years, Darian served as the Executive Director for Craigslist Foundation where he helped launched their non-profit bootcamp, educated and inspired over 10,000 non-profit leaders.
His best selling book, Non-Profit Management 101: A Complete and Practical Guide for Leaders and Professionals includes practical tips and tools from 50 recognized experts across 35 comprehensive topics.
In this episode, Darian is going to share with us:
- What it takes to herd jaguars to create a ground breaking work for social change
- Why taking a six-month sabbatical is a great way to check out while checking in
- How to dream your dreams with open eyes so you can make your dreams come true
- Why doing less can actually be the key to making a bigger impact in the world
- How to be that non-profit that empowers people in lasting ways rather than enabling a culture of handouts.
Mentioned in this Podcast
- Craigslist Foundation
- Non-Profit Bootcamp
- Non-Profit Management 101
Where to Find Darian Heyman
- Check out the Social Media for Non-Profits Facebook Page
- Go to Social Media for Non-Profits Website
- Follow Social Media for Non-Profits on Twitter
- Hangout with Social Media for Non-Profits on Google+
Hire Me to Increase Your Online Visibility & Grow Your Tribe
I am available for one on one coaching to help you improve your online visibility and grow your tribe. I also provide “done for you” agency services for changemakers that have the budget to entrust their online marketing to experts.
Ask Me Questions or Share Your Feedback
- Comment in the show notes
- Leave a voicemail message by clicking on the Send a Voicemail Message tab on the right
- Leave a note on the Entrepreneurs for a Change Facebook Page
Please Connect with Us!
Connect with Lorna
Facebook Page: Lorna Li
Connect with Entrepreneurs for a Change
Facebook Page: Entrepreneurs for a Change
Please Review this Podcast
If you enjoyed this episode, please leave us a 5-star review in iTunes & a 5-star review in Stitcher!
This will help us reach and inspire more people with stories of entrepreneurs who are changing the world.
Eric Smith of Monster Beach Studio for creating our Entrepreneurs for a Change Theme Song
This post may contain links to products or services with which I have an affiliate relationship. I may receive commissions or bonuses from your actions on such links.
Join the Movement of Changemaking Entrepreneurs
Latest posts by Lorna Li (see all)
- [E4C57] The Art of Mastering Money With Your Honey: How Couples Be On the Same Financial Team – Bari Tessler of The Art of Money - October 28, 2014
- [E4C56] Living From The Big Glow Within – Brian Piergrossi - October 21, 2014
- [E4C55] How to Reach 1 Million Podcast Downloads on iTunes – Daniel J. Lewis of Audacity to Podcast - October 14, 2014