Pamela Hawley is a social entrepreneur from the nonprofit side of the fence. She’s the founder and CEO of UniversalGiving, the only nonprofit marketplace that allows you to Give 100% of your donation directly to the cause. It’s the best way to give freely — where all your money goes directly to the top nonprofit leaders who need it most, in the most remote parts of the world.
One of the great things about donating through UniversalGiving is the trust you can have that your money will be well spent. That’s because they vet every nonprofit through their stringent, proprietary Quality Model, to weed out organizations that are ineffective, or even fraudulent, and identify the charities that make the biggest positive impact in the communities they serve.
Through Universal Giving, you can give can give gifts of books, backpacks, and computers, help rescue Nepalese girls from captivity or provide computer literacy training to a girl in rural Ghana, and more. Or you can help fund an entire project, like Emergency Relief for victims of the Typhoon Haiyan disaster in the Philippines.
In this insightful interview, Pamela will share seasoned advice from the social enterprise trenches on:
- The 1 key action you need to take to make the transition from startup idea to launch.
- The pieces of the funding puzzle you’ll need to have in place to attract startup capital.
- What qualities you and your organization will need to have in order to boost trust & confidence with potential funders.
- Universal Giving’s innovative income strategy that enables them to pass through 100% of donations directly to the cause.
- The step-by-step process they use to attract the best volunteers & interns.
- And more!
Mentioned in this Podcast
- Daraja Academy
- Cross Cultural Solutions
Where to Find UniversalGiving
- Visit Universal Giving Website
- Connect with them on Universal Giving Facebook Page
- Follow Universal Giving on Twitter
- Check out Universal Giving on Google+
- Add us to your network on LinkedIn
Hire Me to Increase Your Online Visibility & Grow Your Tribe
I am available for one on one coaching to help you improve your online visibility and grow your tribe. I also provide “done for you” agency services for changemakers that have the budget to entrust their online marketing to experts.
Ask Me Questions or Share Your Feedback
- Comment in the show notes
- Leave a voicemail message by clicking on the Send a Voicemail Message tab on the right
- Leave a note on the Entrepreneurs for a Change Facebook Page
Please Connect with Us!
Connect with Lorna
Facebook Page: Lorna Li
Connect with Entrepreneurs for a Change
Facebook Page: Entrepreneurs for a Change
Please Review this Podcast
If you enjoyed this episode, please leave us a 5-star review in iTunes & a 5-star review in Stitcher!
This will help us reach and inspire more people with stories of entrepreneurs who are changing the world.
Eric Smith of Monster Beach Studio for creating our Entrepreneurs for a Change Theme Song
This post may contain links to products or services with which I have an affiliate relationship. I may receive commissions or bonuses from your actions on such links.
Join the Movement of Changemaking Entrepreneurs
Latest posts by Lorna Li (see all)
- [E4C21] Design Kompany – Uncover the Storytelling Power of Your Brand - February 18, 2014
- [E4C20] Dominate Depression – How Entrepreneurs Can Stay Productive & Inspired During Challenging Times - February 11, 2014
- [E4C19] Timelapse Strategies – How to Get Massive Exposure on YouTube by Sharing Your Genius - February 6, 2014