In business, you are supposed to be a go-getter, a mind hacker, and those who exude optimism and charisma attract success and followers. But what do you do when life happens? If you experience a death in the family? Or a devastating divorce or breakup? What if your company has gone down in flames? How do you keep on going, when the last thing you feel like doing is getting out of bed?
What if you have everything great going for you, so much to be grateful for, yet you just can’t explain why you feel kind of down, like a dark cloud follows you wherever you go? It’s not like you are suicidal, or need treatment. Simply that deep down inside, you know you could accomplish so much more, and enjoy life more fully, if you just felt better about yourself.
Depression is particularly deadly to the self-employed, because all your business is self-generated. If you don’t work, you don’t earn money.
So our guest today, TJ Nelson, founder of the site Dominate Depression, will share with us his strategies on how you can beat back depression and optimize your mood, naturally. TJ is a lifestyle entrepreneur who was able to heal himself of depression and wean himself off of anti-depressants, without medication. He now helps other people beat back depression and reclaim their mental and emotional well-being.
Even if you are not depressed, his wisdom on how you can optimize your mood naturally is priceless. He’ll share with us:
- The different types of depression and the nutritional deficiencies that contribute to these mood disorders.
- How anti-depressants work, and why you should only use them as a last resort.
- The one, easiest action you can take to know exactly what your body needs in order to maintain optimal mood and energy.
- 2 supplements that can give you a quick, powerful, pick me up during times of situational depression, so you can keep going on with your life.
- Foods that can negatively impact your mood.
- Key lifestyle changes that will drastically boost your mental well-being.
And much more!
Mentioned in this interview
- Dominate Depression
Where to Find TJ
- Follow TJ on Twitter
- Hop on Dominate Depression Facebook page
- Subscribe to Dominate Depression YouTube Channel
Hire Me to Increase Your Online Visibility & Grow Your Tribe
I am available for one on one coaching to help you improve your online visibility and grow your tribe. I also provide “done for you” agency services for changemakers that have the budget to entrust their online marketing to experts.
Ask Me Questions or Share Your Feedback
- Comment in the show notes
- Leave a voicemail message by clicking on the Send a Voicemail Message tab on the right
- Leave a note on the Entrepreneurs for a Change Facebook Page
Please Connect with Us!
Connect with Lorna
Facebook Page: Lorna Li
Connect with Entrepreneurs for a Change
Facebook Page: Entrepreneurs for a Change
Please Review this Podcast
If you enjoyed this episode, please leave us a 5-star review in iTunes & a 5-star review in Stitcher!
This will help us reach and inspire more people with stories of entrepreneurs who are changing the world.
Eric Smith of Monster Beach Studio for creating our Entrepreneurs for a Change Theme Song
This post may contain links to products or services with which I have an affiliate relationship. I may receive commissions or bonuses from your actions on such links.
Join the Movement of Changemaking Entrepreneurs
Latest posts by Lorna Li (see all)
- What Web Hosting Company Should I Choose? - March 5, 2014
- [E4C23] Why Startup Validation Doesn’t Work & What To Do Instead – WPCurve - March 4, 2014
- Which is Better – a Hosted Website Solution or Self-Hosted Website Software? - March 3, 2014