I’m building a membership site, and it’s going to have lots of videos in it. Phase 1 involves scripting the videos. I spent 3 days scripting at MergeSpace, a coworking space established by American transplant Ian Borders, founder of the financial services app MergePay, for Focus 55 –a Startup Weekend kind of event where a handful of us Dynamite Circle digital nomads worked on and supported each other on getting our projects off the ground.
Phase 2 is shooting the videos. After the event, I checked myself into the lovely Reverie hotel, a luxury boutique hotel with lots of tastefully designed spaces that serve as awesome backdrops to these videos.
So this interview with Mike Gilliland comes at perfect timing, because Mike is a video expert. Mike is a location independent entrepreneur and co-founder of Timelapse Strategies, and audio and video production company, with his girlfriend Euvie.
Together they travel the world, running their business from exotic locations out of wifi cafes, while having plenty of time to run off on fun adventures like motorcycle rides through jungle and rice paddy fields of Bali, Indonesia.
Mike shares what it takes to put yourself out there on YouTube as a thought leader. He covers:
- Why video rocks and why every entrepreneur should consider doing video.
- The 2 kinds of videos you need to create, how many, and in what order.
- The key components of a video sales funnel, and where they go.
- How to identify the best topics for your video series.
- The most common mistake video noobs make.
- And what it’s like working with the girlfriend 24/7.
Mentioned in this interview
Where to Find Mike
- Follow Mike on Twitter
- Hop on Timelapse Strategies Facebook page
- Mike Gilliland on Google+
- Check out Mike’s Pinterest boards
Hire Me to Increase Your Online Visibility & Grow Your Tribe
I am available for one on one coaching to help you improve your online visibility and grow your tribe. I also provide “done for you” agency services for changemakers that have the budget to entrust their online marketing to experts.
Ask Me Questions or Share Your Feedback
- Comment in the show notes
- Leave a voicemail message by clicking on the Send a Voicemail Message tab on the right
- Leave a note on the Entrepreneurs for a Change Facebook Page
Please Connect with Us!
Connect with Lorna
Facebook Page: Lorna Li
Connect with Entrepreneurs for a Change
Facebook Page: Entrepreneurs for a Change
Please Review this Podcast
If you enjoyed this episode, please leave us a 5-star review in iTunes & a 5-star review in Stitcher!
This will help us reach and inspire more people with stories of entrepreneurs who are changing the world.
Eric Smith of Monster Beach Studio for creating our Entrepreneurs for a Change Theme Song
This post may contain links to products or services with which I have an affiliate relationship. I may receive commissions or bonuses from your actions on such links.
Join the Movement of Changemaking Entrepreneurs
Latest posts by Lorna Li (see all)
- What is a Passionate Life? - April 2, 2014
- [E4C27] Hack Your Body & Mind for Optimal Health, Naturally – Alexis Shields - April 1, 2014
- When Does It Make Sense to Build Many Websites To Support My Business? - March 31, 2014