The shamans of the Amazon Basin possess a vast wealth of knowledge around medicinal plants. They have intimate knowledge of the plants and animals that coexist in the forest around them. They attribute their knowledge of medicine and even their culture to wisdom received from the plants and animals of the forest.
In this episode, I have a return guest to the Entrepreneurs for a Change podcast. His name is Tyler Gage, and he’s the founder of a beverage company called Runa. His previous interview on how to raise venture capital funding for your social enterprise can be found on www.EntrepreneursForAChange.com/9.
He’s returning to share his experience developing energy drinks for modern life from a plant that has ancient ethnobotanical uses. Guayusa tea has one of the highest concentrations of caffeine on the planet. The great thing about guayusa is that, unlike the typical coffee crash and burn, it gives you sustained energy and mental clarity. It also has a clean taste, without the bitterness of yerba maté.
Tyler co-founded a quintessential triple bottom line business – Runa empowers indigenous tea producers in Ecuador, markets sustainably harvested products, and, through their foundation, spearheads reforestation and community development projects.
Their latest project Rios Nete, a healing center that is based in Peru, is dedicated to the practice and preservation of indigenous Amazonian medicine. It will be the first center in the world to conduct clinical research into Amazonian plant medicines and patient outcomes.
In this interview, Tyler will share with us:
- How to get started raising venture capital funding.
- How they are able to optimize their hybrid for profit / nonprofit social enterprise model for maximum social and environmental benefit.
- How they maximum their profit margins without forcing their producers towards unsustainable living wages in a race to the bottom line.
- Their secret towards accomplishing massive positive impact in the world.
- And much much more.
Links to organizations and resources mentioned in the interview can be found in our show notes at www.EntrepreneursForAChange.com/15.
Where to Find Tyler Gage
- Visit Runa Website
- See the Runa Facebook page
- Check out our boards on Pinterest
- Follow Runa on Instagram
Hire Me to Increase Your Online Visibility & Grow Your Tribe
I am available for one on one coaching to help you improve your online visibility and grow your tribe. I also provide “done for you” agency services for changemakers that have the budget to entrust their online marketing to experts.
Ask Me Questions or Share Your Feedback
- Comment in the show notes
- Leave a voicemail message by clicking on the Send a Voicemail Message tab on the right
- Leave a note on the Entrepreneurs for a Change Facebook Page
Please Connect with Us!
Connect with Lorna
Facebook Page: Lorna Li
Connect with Entrepreneurs for a Change
Facebook Page: Entrepreneurs for a Change
Please Review this Podcast
If you enjoyed this episode, please leave us a 5-star review in iTunes & a 5-star review in Stitcher!
This will help us reach and inspire more people with stories of entrepreneurs who are changing the world.
Eric Smith of Monster Beach Studio for creating our Entrepreneurs for a Change Theme Song
This post may contain links to products or services with which I have an affiliate relationship. I may receive commissions or bonuses from your actions on such links.
Join the Movement of Changemaking Entrepreneurs
Latest posts by Lorna Li (see all)
- Should I Build Many Websites or Just One? - March 26, 2014
- [E4C26] Launch a Prolific 6-Figure Business On Positive Affirmations and Juicing – Farnoosh Brock - March 25, 2014
- Should I Host My Blog on a Subdomain, Sub folder, or Separate Website? - March 24, 2014