Alisa Gravitz, the CEO & President of Green America, is a leading expert on how families and businesses can “go green,” saving money and resources. Alisa has helped lead the national agenda to create a socially and environmentally responsible economy for 30 years. She is also a nationally recognized leader in the social investment industry. She authored Green America’s acclaimed Guide to Social Investing, with over a million copies in print, as well as the popular Guide to Community Investing.
For the past 30 years, Alisa Gravitz has led Green America, the national green economy organization. Green America develops marketplace solutions to social and environmental problems with a key focus on tackling climate change, building fair trading systems, stopping corporate abuse and growing the green economy. Green America’s major events and publications include the multi-city Green Festivals, the Green Business Conference, National Green Pages and Real Green.
Now many think that creating wealth and building a better world are fundamentally incompatible. In this call, Alisa debunks the myths around money and mission, and shares her key insights on:
- What it will take to green the mainstream economy, and whether this is even possible
- How Green America Certification works and how it will help you as a green business entrepreneur
- What it takes to launch and grow an event like Green Festivals and what other countries can do to replicate their success
- The direct financial and indirect social benefits of making a commitment to buy nothing new for 1 year
- Different types of socially responsible investing options and the benefits of community development banks
- The low down on socially responsible mutual funds
Mentioned in this Podcast
- Green Festivals
- Green America
- Green Business Network
- The Compact
- What is Social Investing?
- Green America’s Guide to Socially Responsible Investing
- Mutual Funds Aimed at Empowering Women
- Center for Sustainable Investment Education
Where to Find Alisa Gravitz
- Check out Green America Facebook Page
- Visit Green America Website
- Follow Green America on Twitter
- Subscribe to Green America YouTube Channel
Hire Me to Increase Your Online Visibility & Grow Your Tribe
I am available for one on one coaching to help you improve your online visibility and grow your tribe. I also provide “done for you” agency services for changemakers that have the budget to entrust their online marketing to experts.
Ask Me Questions or Share Your Feedback
- Comment in the show notes
- Leave a voicemail message by clicking on the Send a Voicemail Message tab on the right
- Leave a note on the Entrepreneurs for a Change Facebook Page
Please Connect with Us!
Connect with Lorna
Facebook Page: Lorna Li
Connect with Entrepreneurs for a Change
Facebook Page: Entrepreneurs for a Change
Please Review this Podcast
If you enjoyed this episode, please leave us a 5-star review in iTunes & a 5-star review in Stitcher!
This will help us reach and inspire more people with stories of entrepreneurs who are changing the world.
Eric Smith of Monster Beach Studio for creating our Entrepreneurs for a Change Theme Song
This post may contain links to products or services with which I have an affiliate relationship. I may receive commissions or bonuses from your actions on such links.
Join the Movement of Changemaking Entrepreneurs
Latest posts by Lorna Li (see all)
- Should I Build Many Websites or Just One? - March 26, 2014
- [E4C26] Launch a Prolific 6-Figure Business On Positive Affirmations and Juicing – Farnoosh Brock - March 25, 2014
- Should I Host My Blog on a Subdomain, Sub folder, or Separate Website? - March 24, 2014