Doug is one of my old friends from the Dynamite Circle community. A pod of us, roughly 35 digital nomads migrated up to Chiang Mai after the first Dynamite Circle conference in Bangkok in 2012. We took over half of a full service luxury condo and proceeded to co-work from various wifi cafes in the neighborhood.
Now I’ve helped a number of clients with creating WordPress sites for their business and even though WordPress is considered to be one of the easiest content managements systems on the market, for a lot of technologically challenged business owners, it’s still too complicated.
If you are considering starting a business website using self-hosted WordPress software – I encourage you to be honest with yourself – if you are too technologically challenged to Google how to fix something online or in YouTube, or if you don’t know how to upload a photo to Facebook and don’t want to figure it out on your own, managing a self-hosted WordPress.org might be more than you bargained for.
How do you decide whether you should invest in a hosted website solution with monthly fees, such as SquareSpace.com, or use self-hosted Wo rdPress to power your business website?
Doug will share with us a complete overview of what business owners need to consider when maintaining a self-hosted WordPress site. He’ll discuss:
- The 3 main areas you need to be concerned about when managing a self-hosted WordPress website
- Why having a WordPress friendly webhost matters, and how to evaluate which web hosting service is best for your business
- The benefits of managed WordPress hosting and the risks of not maintaining regular WordPress updates
- The magic bullet service that will save you time, money, risk, and frustration if you need fixes , tweaks, and updates to your self-hosted WordPress website
- Our top recommended WordPress plugins for small business owners
And much more!
Mentioned in this Podcast
- Dynamite Circle
- Genesis Framework by StudioPress
- Majestic SEO
- WP Engine
- WP Curve
- Dan Norris
- Back WP Up
- Gravity Forms
- Amazon S3
- W3 Total Cache
- WordPress SEO
- Woo Framework
Where to Find Doug Yuen
- Check out the Efficient WP Facebook Page
- Visit the EfficientWP Website
- Follow Doug on Twitter
- Hangout with us on Google+
Hire Me to Increase Your Online Visibility & Grow Your Tribe
I am available for one on one coaching to help you improve your online visibility and grow your tribe. I also provide “done for you” agency services for changemakers that have the budget to entrust their online marketing to experts.
Ask Me Questions or Share Your Feedback
- Comment in the show notes
- Leave a voicemail message by clicking on the Send a Voicemail Message tab on the right
- Leave a note on the Entrepreneurs for a Change Facebook Page
Please Connect with Us!
Connect with Lorna
Facebook Page: Lorna Li
Connect with Entrepreneurs for a Change
Facebook Page: Entrepreneurs for a Change
Please Review this Podcast
If you enjoyed this episode, please leave us a 5-star review in iTunes & a 5-star review in Stitcher!
This will help us reach and inspire more people with stories of entrepreneurs who are changing the world.
Eric Smith of Monster Beach Studio for creating our Entrepreneurs for a Change Theme Song
This post may contain links to products or services with which I have an affiliate relationship. I may receive commissions or bonuses from your actions on such links.
Join the Movement of Changemaking Entrepreneurs
Latest posts by Lorna Li (see all)
- Should I Build Many Websites or Just One? - March 26, 2014
- [E4C26] Launch a Prolific 6-Figure Business On Positive Affirmations and Juicing – Farnoosh Brock - March 25, 2014
- Should I Host My Blog on a Subdomain, Sub folder, or Separate Website? - March 24, 2014