In 2004, Amy quit her office job to travel the world, and has never looked back. She now keeps a home base in Buenos Aires while she and her Argentine husband travel the world. Nomadtopia is not only packed with great info on the diginomad lifestyle, it’s also a virtual community where location-independent entrepreneurs around the world can share their inspiring stories and provide mutual support.
Through her other business, Nomad Editorial, Amy helps non-fiction writers finish their books. Amy also offers a six-week program, ‘Create Your Nomadtopia’, designed to help entrepreneurs start unplugging their businesses and their lives from their physical locale.
Amy and I sit down to talk about the nitty gritty of the location-independent lifestyle – the good, the bad, and the brilliant. Now, location-independence doesn’t mean that you are constantly on the road, it just means that you can work from home, or anywhere – you choose. The truth is, the diginomad lifestyle really isn’t for everyone, but everyone can certainly benefit from more flexibility and freedom. So, in this episode, you’ll discover:
- How to transition from regular employment to being a location-independent entrepreneur.
- Important things to consider before quitting your fixed-locale lifestyle.
- The secret of identifying target customers, and how get your first clients.
- Strategies to keep your message out there so you don’t miss out on potential work.
- The pros & cons of being a digital nomad, and how to avoid feeling isolated.
- How to deal with business institutions that require you have a residential mailing address, and ways to get around this annoying formality.
- How to determine if the digital nomad lifestyle is truly right for you.
Mentioned in this interview
Creative Web Biz – Yamille Yemoonya
Where to Find Amy
Destination Nomadtopia book
Work-from-Anywhere Test Drive
Create Your Nomadtopia
Hire Me to Increase Your Online Visibility & Grow Your Tribe
I am available for one on one coaching to help you improve your online visibility and grow your tribe. I also provide “done for you” agency services for changemakers that have the budget to entrust their online marketing to experts.
Ask Me Questions or Share Your Feedback
- Comment in the show notes
- Leave a voicemail message by clicking on the Send a Voicemail Message tab on the right
- Leave a note on the Entrepreneurs for a Change Facebook Page
Please Connect with Us!
Connect with Lorna
Twitter: @lornali Facebook Page: Lorna Li
Connect with Entrepreneurs for a Change
Twitter: @entrepreneurs4C Facebook Page: Entrepreneurs for a Change
Please Review this Podcast
If you enjoyed this episode, please leave us a 5-star review in iTunes & a 5-star review in Stitcher!
This will help us reach and inspire more people with stories of entrepreneurs who are changing the world.
Eric Smith of Monster Beach Studio for creating our Entrepreneurs for a Change Theme Song
This post may contain links to products or services with which I have an affiliate relationship. I may receive commissions or bonuses from your actions on such links.
Join the Movement of Changemaking Entrepreneurs
Subscribe To My Channel
Click here to Instantly Subscribe to Lorna Li TV
Latest posts by Lorna Li (see all)
- [E4C57] The Art of Mastering Money With Your Honey: How Couples Can Be On the Same Financial Team – Bari Tessler of The Art of Money - October 28, 2014
- [E4C56] Living From The Big Glow Within – Brian Piergrossi - October 21, 2014
- [E4C55] How to Reach 1 Million Podcast Downloads on iTunes – Daniel J. Lewis of Audacity to Podcast - October 14, 2014