I just got back from Awesomeness Fest, a conference hosted by Mindvalley, a media company that spreads ideas of enlightenment through online courses, apps, and other exciting ventures.
What I find incredibly inspiring is the growing movement of entrepreneurs who not only want to create wealth, but who want to address global problems specifically through for profit business & technology innovation.
Dr Wayne Visser is one such social entrepreneur. He’s the Director of Kaleidoscope Futures, and Founder of CSR International. In addition, Wayne is Chair of Sustainable Business at the Gordon Institute of Business Science in South Africa, Adjunct Professor of Sustainable Development at Deakin Business School in Australia, and Senior Associate at the University of Cambridge Programme for Sustainability Leadership in the UK.
He has authored 20 books on the subject of sustainable futures and corporate social responsibility, and is a guest columnist for UK newspaper, The Guardian. Wayne is listed as one of the Top 100 Thought Leaders in Trustworthy Business Behavior, and is a recipient of the Global CSR Excellence & Leadership Award, the Emerald Literati Outstanding Author Contribution Award, and the Outstanding Teacher Award of the Warwick MBA.
Wayne’s here today to talk about the evolution of corporate social responsibility, environmental sustainability, and the future outlook for human civilization.
My biggest question for him was really, “Are we all going to hell in a handbasket?”
Wayne reveals where he thinks we’ll be in 2050. Are we actually heading in the right direction toward, if not actually eradicating poverty and starvation? And if we are, what do we need to do right now to ensure that the progress we make today ensures a brighter future for everyone, not just for those who can afford it. In this episode, you will discover:
- The future of corporate social responsibility.
- The three qualities of successful social entrepreneurs.
- What companies need to do to tap into the power of going glo-cal – that is, serving local markets while having global impact.
- Some of the most exciting clean technologies on his radar.
- What we must do to avoid world chaos and more environmental disasters.
- The five strategies for resilience and survival in a volatile world.
- The four different types of change-agents we need to ensure a sustainable future – and which one are you?
Mentioned in this interview
- Cambridge Programme for Sustainability Leadership
- Gordon Institute of Business Science
- Deakin University
- Rio Earth Summit
- Anurag Gupta – A Little World
- Muhammad Yunus – Grameen Bank
- World Economic Forum
- Patagonia outdoor clothing
- Global Reporting Initiative
- Footprint Chronicles
- Interface ® / Ray Anderson
- Mondragon Corporation
- Ann Makosinski – Hollow Flashlight
- Millennium Development Goal
- Jane Chen – Embrace Innovations
Where to Find Wayne
- Kaleidoscope Futures
- CSR International
Wayne’s Books: The Quest for Sustainable Business | The Age of Responsibility
Hire Me to Increase Your Online Visibility & Grow Your Tribe
I am available for one on one coaching to help you improve your online visibility and grow your tribe. I also provide “done for you” agency services for changemakers that have the budget to entrust their online marketing to experts.
Ask Me Questions or Share Your Feedback
- Comment in the show notes
- Leave a voicemail message by clicking on the Send a Voicemail Message tab on the right
- Leave a note on the Entrepreneurs for a Change Facebook Page
Please Connect with Us!
Connect with Lorna
Twitter: @lornali Facebook Page: Lorna Li
Connect with Entrepreneurs for a Change
Twitter: @entrepreneurs4C Facebook Page: Entrepreneurs for a Change
Please Review this Podcast
If you enjoyed this episode, please leave us a 5-star review in iTunes & a 5-star review in Stitcher!
This will help us reach and inspire more people with stories of entrepreneurs who are changing the world.
Eric Smith of Monster Beach Studio for creating our Entrepreneurs for a Change Theme Song
This post may contain links to products or services with which I have an affiliate relationship. I may receive commissions or bonuses from your actions on such links.
Join the Movement of Changemaking Entrepreneurs
Subscribe To My Channel
Click here to Instantly Subscribe to Lorna Li TV