The Internet has liberated a legion of artists who would otherwise be “starving” and allowed them to build thriving businesses online. E-commerce platforms like Etsy, Zazzle and ArtWeb make it easy for artists to sell their work to global audiences.
If you are a creative spirit who longs to earn a living doing what you love, but is trapped in a 9-5 job you hate, because you’ve bought into the starving artist myth, let this interview with Yamile Yemoonyah inspire you.
Yamile is an artist whose online business allows her to work about 5 hours a day.
She tried the traditional school system, but after attending 4 colleges in 3 different countries, she finally dropped out to follow her calling to become a full time artist. As an introvert, the thought of schmoozing gallery owners and convincing them to sell her art was unappealing to her, so she decided to sell her art online right from the start.
She taught herself WordPress, online marketing, social media, SEO and everything else you need to know about running a profitable creative online business. In 2010 she launched CreativeWebBiz.com to help independent artists around the world start and grow their own online business.
In this interview, Yamile shares:
- What it takes to live in Berlin as a location independent entrepreneur.
- How she transitioned from website developer to business coach.
- Her most effective online marketing channels.
- How it’s possible to grow your business and attract clients while traveling.
- Why you might want to avoid seeking local clientele.
- And the power of organizing your week by business focus.
Mentioned in this interview
- Germany’s Freelance Visa – here’s how you can get one as an American
- Tim Ferris
- Marisa Murgatroyd
- Nathalie Lussier
- 7 Reasons to Sell From Your Own Site Rather Than Etsy
- Expo Board
- Jennifer Lee’s Right-Brained Business Plan
- Yawalapiti Tribe
- Charity Water
- Dynamite Circle
Where to Find Yamile
- Visit CreativeWebBiz.com
- Follow Yamile on Twitter
- Like Yamile on Facebook
Hire Me to Increase Your Online Visibility & Grow Your Tribe
I am available for one on one coaching to help you improve your online visibility and grow your tribe. I also provide “done for you” agency services for changemakers that have the budget to entrust their online marketing to experts.
Ask Me Questions or Share Your Feedback
- Comment in the show notes
- Leave a voicemail message by clicking on the Send a Voicemail Message tab on the right
- Leave a note on the Entrepreneurs for a Change Facebook Page
Please Connect with Us!
Connect with Lorna
Twitter: @lornali Facebook Page: Lorna Li
Connect with Entrepreneurs for a Change
Twitter: @entrepreneurs4C Facebook Page: Entrepreneurs for a Change
Please Review this Podcast
If you enjoyed this episode, please leave us a 5-star review in iTunes & a 5-star review in Stitcher!
This will help us reach and inspire more people with stories of entrepreneurs who are changing the world.
Eric Smith of Monster Beach Studio for creating our Entrepreneurs for a Change Theme Song
This post may contain links to products or services with which I have an affiliate relationship. I may receive commissions or bonuses from your actions on such links.
Join the Movement of Changemaking Entrepreneurs
Subscribe To My Channel
Click here to Instantly Subscribe to Lorna Li TV
Latest posts by Lorna Li (see all)
- [E4C45] How to Unleash A Movement that Ends Global Poverty – Bart Skorupa, Groundwork Opportunities - August 5, 2014
- [E4C44] Secrets to a 7-Figure Coaching Business – Shanda Sumpter, of Heartcore Business - July 29, 2014
- [E4C43] The Effortless Enrollment System – Ed Forteau, the Success Rainmaker - July 22, 2014