A graduate of Brown University, Alia was a marketing executive for top brands and companies including Saatchi & Saatchi, Delta Air Lines, Procter & Gamble, and Visa. In spite of her successes building big brands, she still felt small, unseen, disconnected and unsatisfied in her role as a corporate marketer. During this time, she weathered a series of devastating emotional blows that prompted her to question her life. A part of her recognized she was here to serve a greater purpose than to work in a dissatisfying job as an unrecognized cog in the wheel helping large companies get richer.
With courage and blind faith, she left that world behind to seek fulfillment on her own terms and reclaim her life. What she discovered was the power of designing her own business and lifestyle in alignment with her true brilliance, happiness, and fulfillment.
Over the last 12 years Alia engaged in advanced creative and transformational training to emerge as a cutting-edge DJ and music producer. As well as a master success coach helping other women with a creative fire liberate their unique brilliance in their art and businesses to boldly share their gifts with the world.
She has been a featured TEDx presenter, and was named a “Leader Shifting the Planet” by ORIGIN magazine.
Alia’s mission is to unleash the next generation of trail-blazing, creative, entrepreneurial women leaders to help build a thriving planet. In this juicy conversation, we discuss:
- The unique feminine gifts we possess as women, and how to embrace them in business.
- The difference between masculine and feminine power and how to step into your empowerment.
- The most disempowering thing women entrepreneurs do to themselves.
- Whether or not you need coaching certification to be a coach.
- Ways you can establish trust with your target audience, by sharing your story online.
- Why listening is the most important quality you need to develop as a coach or consultant.
- How to get started as a coach and attract your first clients.
- The best way to offer discovery calls, so that your prospects are compelled to work with you without having to hardsell.
- Why you really need to invest in the right business training.
If you’d like to experience a taste of Alia’s musical style, I’ve included some of my favorite mixes from her Soundcloud profile.
Enjoy Alia on SoundCloud
I’ve enjoyed hearing Alia spin at a number of Bay Area events and music festivals. Here are some of my favorite Alia tracks:
Mentioned in this interview
- Bill Baren
- Bryan Franklin
- Jennifer Russell
- Matthew Blom
- Ladies who Launch
- TEDx FidiWomen
- Women Enough
- Gabrielle Bernstein’s media e-course
- Mama Gena
- KC Baker
- Alisa Vitti
Where to Find Alia
- Follow Alia on Twitter
- Check out Alia on Facebook
- Visit Femvolution
- Cultivating Creative Confidence free video series
Hire Me to Increase Your Online Visibility & Grow Your Tribe
I am available for one on one coaching to help you improve your online visibility and grow your tribe. I also provide “done for you” agency services for changemakers that have the budget to entrust their online marketing to experts.
Ask Me Questions or Share Your Feedback
- Comment in the show notes
- Leave a voicemail message by clicking on the Send a Voicemail Message tab on the right
- Leave a note on the Entrepreneurs for a Change Facebook Page
Please Connect with Us!
Connect with Lorna
Twitter: @lornali Facebook Page: Lorna Li
Connect with Entrepreneurs for a Change
Twitter: @entrepreneurs4C Facebook Page: Entrepreneurs for a Change
Please Review this Podcast
If you enjoyed this episode, please leave us a 5-star review in iTunes & a 5-star review in Stitcher!
This will help us reach and inspire more people with stories of entrepreneurs who are changing the world.
Eric Smith of Monster Beach Studio for creating our Entrepreneurs for a Change Theme Song
This post may contain links to products or services with which I have an affiliate relationship. I may receive commissions or bonuses from your actions on such links.
Join the Movement of Changemaking Entrepreneurs
Subscribe To My Channel
Click here to Instantly Subscribe to Lorna Li TV
Latest posts by Lorna Li (see all)
- [E4C44] Secrets to a 7-Figure Coaching Business – Shanda Sumpter, of Heartcore Business - July 29, 2014
- [E4C43] The Effortless Enrollment System – Ed Forteau, the Success Rainmaker - July 22, 2014
- [E4C42] Podcasting Profits & The Power of Your Single Motivating Purpose – Internet Business Mastery – Jason Van Orden - July 16, 2014