It’s amazing how many traditional, brick and mortar businesses you can actually take completely offline. For example, the growing practice of telemedicine is relieving congestion in the health care system, saving clients the time it takes to get
to an appointment in a physical location, and allowing providers the ability to serve more people across geographic locations and time zones.
Naturopathic medicine is one of those fields that is well-suited for telemedicine. Alexis Shields is a naturopathic doctor who sold her brick and mortar practice, and recreated her business as a location-independent entrepreneur, serving her patients
from South East Asia.
In this interview, Alexis not only shares the story of how she is able to this, she also offers great health information that you’ll never hear from conventional doctors, as well as ways you can optimize your energy and mental clarity, naturally. She talks about:
- The shortcomings of conventional medicine that keep people on medication that they don’t even need, year after year.
- The 3 types of medications that are frequently prescribed to patients, on a year-round recurring basis, unnecessarily.
- Why dairy might be bad for your health, especially if you are prone to allergies.
- Why the 2 most common prescriptions for acne control are bad for your health, and 3 types of food you should avoid if you are acne-prone.
- Why fruit juice actually isn’t good for you.
- Which brain power foods support mental clarity.
- The kind of diet you should follow if you want to maintain sustained energy throughout the day.
- Tips on staying fit if you are a long-term traveller.
Mentioned in this interview
- Gerson Method
- Calm iPhone app
- Only Body Weight
- Daily Burn
Where to Find Alexis
- Follow Alexis on Twitter
- Check out Alexis on Facebook
- Visit Alexis’ website
Hire Me to Increase Your Online Visibility & Grow Your Tribe
I am available for one on one coaching to help you improve your online visibility and grow your tribe. I also provide “done for you” agency services for changemakers that have the budget to entrust their online marketing to experts.
Ask Me Questions or Share Your Feedback
- Comment in the show notes
- Leave a voicemail message by clicking on the Send a Voicemail Message tab on the right
- Leave a note on the Entrepreneurs for a Change Facebook Page
Please Connect with Us!
Connect with Lorna
Twitter: @lornali Facebook Page: Lorna Li
Connect with Entrepreneurs for a Change
Twitter: @entrepreneurs4C Facebook Page: Entrepreneurs for a Change
Please Review this Podcast
If you enjoyed this episode, please leave us a 5-star review in iTunes & a 5-star review in Stitcher!
This will help us reach and inspire more people with stories of entrepreneurs who are changing the world.
Eric Smith of Monster Beach Studio for creating our Entrepreneurs for a Change Theme Song
This post may contain links to products or services with which I have an affiliate relationship. I may receive commissions or bonuses from your actions on such links.
Join the Movement of Changemaking Entrepreneurs
Subscribe To My Channel
Click here to Instantly Subscribe to Lorna Li TV
Latest posts by Lorna Li (see all)
- [E4C59] Keys to Turning Your Change-Making Business into a World-Changing Movement – Michelle Fetsch of the BARE Campaign - November 18, 2014
- [E4C58] Saving Our Planet’s Systems and Mankind… Together – Michael Trout of Foundups - November 4, 2014
- [E4C57] The Art of Mastering Money With Your Honey: How Couples Can Be On the Same Financial Team – Bari Tessler of The Art of Money - October 28, 2014